Our Book Clubbin’ blog feature has returned and this time we’re diving into a much loved listen with a highly anticipated big screen adaptation coming our way, and that listen would be The Hating Game by Sally Thorne.
In this debut from Thorne, we follow Lucy Hutton, the nice girl working at this big publishing company. She gets along with everyone in the office and everyone loves her except her office-mate and rival, Joshua Templeman. As tensions rise due to a looming promotion that will go to either Lucy or Joshua, they push each other in ways they never thought possible between them and soon they find out that there is a fine line between hate and love.
The Hating Game film adaptation starring Lucy Hale as Lucy and Austin Stowell as Joshua hits theaters today and I know I’m itching to see this steamy listen come to life on the big screen. So, if you’re book club has decided to give The Hating Game a read before hitting the movie theater, we’ve got all the questions you need to spark a great discussion.
Keep reading for our discussion questions below. Beware— SPOILERS ahead.
1) How did you feel about Danny as a love interest for Lucy? Was she ever actually interested in him?
2) Would you have preferred if this book was told in alternating chapters from both Lucy and Josh’s perspective?
3) Do you see any similarities between the two companies merging and Lucy and Josh falling for each other?
4) Do you think Lucy ever truly hated Josh?
5) Do you think Lucy would have stood up for herself without Josh’s influence?
6) Why do you think Josh hid his feelings from Lucy for so long?
7) Did you pick up on the hints Josh kept leaving that he’s always loved her? Were you surprised when he revealed that his bedroom was painted the same color as her eyes?
8) Were you surprised to find out that Josh’s brother’s wife was Josh’s ex-girlfriend? Why do you think Josh hid this from Lucy?
9) What do you think Lucy and Josh’s futures look like together?
Looking for Book Recommendations?
• Here are the audiobooks our members have been loving, along with our staff picks that we’ve been championing.
• Looking to share your love of books? Our handy Book Clubbin’ questions make it super easy to start a book club. Or, Netflix n’ buddy-read with this year’s book-to-screen adaptations (just be prepared for the perennial debate: is the book better than the movie/show?).
• If you’re looking for something extra, we’ve got author and narrator interviews to give you a gleam inside their worlds.
• For the curious-minded, audiobooks can teach you a thing or two, from nature therapy to personal finance. It can even keep the little ones busy so you can steal some time back for yourself.
New to Audiobooks.com? Get your first book free, PLUS a bonus book from our VIP selection when you sign up for our one-month free trial. Digital audiobooks make audible stories come to life when you’re commuting, working out, cleaning, cooking, and more! Listening is easy with our top-rated free audiobook apps for iOS and Android, which let you download & listen to bestselling audiobooks on the go, wherever you are. Click here to get your free audiobooks!
No Responses | Leave a Comment