Our Book Clubbin’ blog feature is back and this time we’re diving into the super-hyped and highly anticipated sequel to It Ends with Us – It Starts with Us by Colleen Hoover.
In this latest listen from Hoover, we pick up where we left off in It Ends with Us where Lily runs into her childhood love, Atlas, as she settles into a co-parenting routine with Ryle. Even though Atlas and Lily think the timing could be right this time around, Ryle is still very much involved in her and her daughter’s lives. Switching between Lily and Atlas’ perspectives, It Starts with Us reveals more about Atlas’s past and follows Lily as she embraces a second chance at true love while navigating a jealous ex-husband.
Colleen Hoover is back with another emotional listen that is sure to have you reaching for the tissues, so if you’re on the CoHo train and have also picked up It Starts with Us for your book club this month, then keep reading for our discussion questions below. Beware— SPOILERS ahead.
1) What is your interpretation of the title It Starts with Us?
2) Do you think that this listen focused too much on new characters rather than Atlas and Lily’s relationship?
3) Lily wrote letters to Ellen in It Ends with Us. Do you think the letters to Ellen were necessary to highlight in this sequel?
4) Do you think Marshall made the right decision to stay with Allysa after she had cheated on him?
5) Did Ryle’s portrayal in It Starts with Us change your opinion of him at all?
6) How did It Starts with Us live up to what you expected for this highly anticipated sequel?
7) Do you think that Lily, Atlas, and Ryle could all make co-parenting together work in the future?
Looking for Book Recommendations?
• Here are the audiobooks our members have been loving, along with our staff picks that we’ve been championing.
• Looking to share your love of books? Our handy Book Clubbin’ questions make it super easy to start a book club. Or, Netflix n’ buddy-read with this year’s book-to-screen adaptations (just be prepared for the perennial debate: is the book better than the movie/show?).
• If you’re looking for something extra, we’ve got author and narrator interviews to give you a gleam inside their worlds.
• For the curious-minded, audiobooks can teach you a thing or two, from nature therapy to personal finance. It can even keep the little ones busy so you can steal some time back for yourself.
New to Audiobooks.com? Get your first book free, PLUS a bonus book from our VIP selection when you sign up for our one-month free trial. Digital audiobooks make audible stories come to life when you’re commuting, working out, cleaning, cooking, and more! Listening is easy with our top-rated free audiobook apps for iOS and Android, which let you download & listen to bestselling audiobooks on the go, wherever you are. Click here to get your free audiobooks!
No Responses | Leave a Comment